Terms and Conditions of Equity Park Consulting Services Trading As SilverFox
Equity Park Consulting Services t/a SilverFox hereinafter referred to as “the Company” agrees to supply, fit or repair equipment for the Customer as mentioned on the relevant quotation under the following terms and conditions.
- Prices, unless otherwise specified, include VAT and are for the complete installation.
- A 50% deposit is required on order confirmation. Balance is due immediately upon completion of installation. A10% handling fee will be applicable should the installation be cancelled for any reason.
- Commencement of installation will start approximately three to five working days from receipt of deposit. This is dependent on the availability of the equipment and materials that have been ordered.
- In the event of an insurance claim, unless agreed to by the Company, a deposit will still be required, and the Customer will effect payment. Clause 2 applies.
- This quotation is valid for a period of seven days from date of Quotation. Prices are subject to change according to the Rand/Dollar exchange rate.
- If only part of the quotation is accepted where the total value is below R3, 000.00 VAT inclusive, a call out fee will be charged to cover labour content unless call out/labour is quoted for separately.
- The cutting and removal of trees, foliage, or any other obstruction that hinders or prevents the installation be must attended to by the customer before the installation is to take place unless alternative arrangements have been made with the company.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken, neither the Company, its members, employees or subcontractors shall be held responsible for any damage to property, howsoever caused. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer or any other party for damages or injuries whether consequential or otherwise, which may be incurred as a result of defective material or faulty workmanship or manufacturing of the goods.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Company is aware of the existence of underground cable and pipes. Although every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure that such cables and pipes are not damaged or broken while installation takes place, the Company shall not be held responsible for any damages to these items, howsoever caused.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that any equipment or materials supplied are kept free of insect infestation by taking appropriate measures. The Company will not be held responsible for damage caused by such infestation.
- The Customer agrees to notify the Company of any defect in equipment or materials as soon as such defects become apparent. The Company cannot be held responsible for repairs or replacement of defective goods if the consequent damage or failure has compounded as a result of negligence on behalf of the Customer to notify the Company of such damage or failure or defect timorously.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to regularly check any and all equipment for correct functionality. In the case of electronic equipment such as alarm systems, intercoms, panic buttons, remote controls, infra-red beams, automation devices, electric fences, etc., the Customer is strongly urged to check that these items are functioning normally at least once a week. It is in the Customer’s best interest to check these devices, as electronic equipment can fall at any time, resulting in a serious breach of the Customer’s security. The Company will not accept responsibility for any consequential loss or damage should any equipment that has been supplied and/or installed by the Company fail for whatever reason. In the case of link-up devices to an Armed Response company, the Customer is urged to ensure that such Response Company is in fact receiving a signal after activation during a test.
- 12 months guarantee on new equipment, materials and workmanship, 3 months on any repaired components / equipment.
- No guarantee on paintwork, powder coating, galvanizing or epoxy coatings.
- 6 months warranty on remote transmitters and receivers, excluding batteries.
- The above guarantees and warranties do not apply to damage or non-performance caused by “Acts of God” (defined as, but not limited to, lightning strikes, power surges, fire, floods, water damage and other natural events or disasters), Force Majored, insect and/or animal infestations, neglect, abuse or misuse of the equipment or materials.
- Guarantees and warrantees which apply to goods, materials and workmanship supplied and/or carried out by the Company become null and void immediately upon the event of any person who has not been authorized by the Company interfering with, tampering with, or attempting to repair any equipment or materials which the Company has supplied and/or installed.
- Any deviation from the quotation specifications will be charged for, as will any delays or disruptions that may occur which are directly or indirectly caused by the Customer, the Customer’s family, employees and/or employers, associates, contractors and/or sub-contractors, body corporate and tenants.
- Ownership of the goods ordered and/or purchased shall remain vested with the Company at all times until the purchase price has been paid in full, and all effects have been cleared. However, risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer immediately upon delivery, regardless of whether the ordered items are functional, or installed. Insurance of such goods is the responsibility of the Customer.
- The Customer waives his/her lawful right to retain any goods that have been supplied and/or installed on the premises as defined in the relevant quotation, and which would normally be considered fixed property, should any default in payment occur. The Company reserves, at its discretion, the right to remove any part of, or all of the supplied or installed goods should any default in payment occur. Any and all costs and/or losses incurred by the Company as a result of payment defaults, removal of equipment or materials, or collection of outstanding monies will be borne by the client.
- In the event of non-payment of a portion of, or an entire account, the Company shall have the right to institute proceedings out of the Magistrate’s Court in terms of Section 45 of Act 32 of 1944 as amended. Furthermore, the Company further reserves the right to take whatever means the Company deems necessary to recover any outstanding amounts, including, but not limited to, listings on Credit Bureaus.
- The Customer will supply, where necessary, water and/or sufficient electrical supply for the Company in order for the Company to complete any installation or fulfil any purchase obligation. The Customer will also provide ablutions for the staff of the Company for the duration of the contract.
- Both the Company and the Customer will agree to any deviations or amendments from the terms of this contract in writing.
- Equity Park Consulting Services t/a SilverFox will be entitled to affix notice/warning boards in strategic positions on and around the premises.